So I have just changed my working hours around instead of working 7.30-4.00 I am now working 9.00-5.30. These hours suit me better in the winter and I think in life too, all my energy is morning focused. On my old hours I noticed I was coming home from work, sitting down and watching telly, whilst snacking on the entire fridge. Every once in a while there is nothing wrong with this, but every night, there kinda is. In order to do anything productive in the morning I would have to get up far earlier than my 5.30 start, which in my book was a huge no no.
My solution was to change my working hours. I have spent a week or two getting used to having time in the morning and none in the evening, therefore my blogging has been suffering, but I think I have carved out a little time in the morning to do something which makes me happy. I am loving my new routine! I know not everyone has the ability to change their routine, they may not have a boss which would allow this or living/family situation either.
Therefore, my advice to you, if your getting a little stuck of the same routine, getting a little bored, change it up. It doesnt have to be anything huge, but something helps. I am full of energy and vigor and my workouts, meditation and yoga has never been so good. Here are some ways to change up your routine:
- Get up 15 mins earlier for a quick yoga flow, mediation session or a good spot of journaling
- Smarten up your morning routine, you can do this by getting everything out, ready, ironed or cooked the night before, giving you some extra time. You can use this saved time to do a quick HIIT workout, a small jog around the block, or do something you love but never have time for like writing or reading
- Can you walk to work? Or get off the bus a little earlier, getting in a good brisk morning walk can not only energise you but set your day off wonderfully
- Don’t tidy up every night, I understand tidying is important but maybe twice a week skip the tidy up or task others in your house some of these tasks, use this saved time to enjoy a bubble bath and a face mask, a long yoga session or get creative and draw
- Switch the telly off an hour earlier, use this time to unwind and relax, read, journal, meditate, anything you find relaxing
- Change up your workout – do you run all the time? Then switch up a few sessions with some HIIT, swimming or cycling. Do you only lift weights, why not add in some fun cardio like rock climbing, canoeing or trail hiking
These are just a few suggestions on how you can potentially make a change to your day in order to create some new inspiration, winter is closing in on us, this time of year is dark, damp and cold, so getting a new and exciting routine in place could be just what you need! I know I did!
I would love to know if you have switched up your routine or plan too, how did this make you feel and are you enjoying life?
Well, that’s all for today! Have a great week, and don’t worry I am back to normal blogging now 🙂